1. When did you know you wanted to be a priest?
I discovered my vocation to the priesthood after college, working in a catholic school and parish (music)
2. What do you like to do on your day off?
I use days off for prayer, visiting my relatives, errands, outdoor activities (Im a huge biker) but often use this time to catch up on work.
3. What is one of your favorite Scripture passages?
One of my favorite scripture passages is chapter 4 of Paul's letter to the Ephesians. Preference of scripture passages change over time, so that's where I'm at now.
4. Do you have any particular intentions you'd like us to pray for?
Please pray that our diocese will be blessed with more priests and that young men will respond with courage to the call to serve. Please pray for Fr. VanLieshout and myself as we lead this ministry in our diocese. And please pray for my family - especially my elderly grandparents.
5. What is one of your favorite books or movies?
I like old classic movies...same with books. Too many to list now.
If you would like to send him some mail along with your prayers, his address is:
Fr. Matthew Jones
259 Rutgers St.
Rochester, NY 14607