Members are welcome to bring guests to CMOR events; evangelization is an important part of our faith. Guests who wish to attend events regularly are asked to become registered members.
When inviting guests, keep in mind that CMOR was formed to be a group where mothers could practice and grow in their faith free of judgment and with support of other moms. Members are to talk with their guests in advance to ensure they understand that we freely discuss Catholic issues, share our faith with our children, and pray together. If guests disagree with Church teachings, these issues may only be discussed with other adults when children are not present.
Content of the CMOR mailing list and message board is not moderated, but the following rules are to be observed:
- All communication must be in line with Church teachings
- Do not promote individual businesses (direct sales, photography, etc.)
- Do not lead others to think poorly of another member
- Events from outside groups may be promoted via email but not put on the calendar
- When asking for advice on a personal issue (spiritual, emotional, medical, etc.), you must include your email address so members can respond privately. These issues should not be discussed in the forum.
The Planning Committee will designate one charity annually to be the recipient of our time, talent, and treasure. This charity is to be Catholic, be in line with the Magisterium, and minister to those within the greater Rochester area. CMOR will not organize any fundraising efforts to support any group other than itself and the annually appointed charity.